The basic setup of Solr 4.10 with Eclipse 4.4 and Wildfly 8.1 requires quite a bit of configuration. First of all, be sure that your system fulfills the following requirements.
- Java Development Kit (jdk1.8.0_25)
- Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers (Luna Service Release 1 (4.4.1))
- Apache Maven (already included in Eclipse)
- WildFly Application Server (wildfly-8.1.0.Final)
- JBossAS Tools (3.0.0.CR1) for Eclipse)
The specified version numbers are the versions I’m using. The tutorial should however apply to other major versions, too.